MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The BHC/Bank Legal team provides legal advice to the firm globally from a U.S. bank regulatory perspective and is responsible for supporting the deposit and corporate banking businesses to the Firm's Commercial and Consumer Banking Division. It is the mission of BHC/Bank Legal team to provide high-quality legal and policy advice relating to the firm's growing funding and corporate banking businesses. This space is dynamic and evolving, which provides an opportunity to grow a business within the broader Goldman Sachs platform.
• Coverage of the corporate banking businesses of Goldman Sachs, including corporate cash management. Responsibilities vary depending on the situation, but usually include advising on and assessing Firm legal and reputational risks, drafting client agreements, performing jurisdictional analyses and negotiating membership agreements.
• Legal Advisor to the Firm, generally - Advise the firm on legal, policy, reputational and commercial issues on funding and corporate banking initiatives (e.g., conflicts, business practices, non-standard opinions, regulatory issues, conducting business in new markets around the globe, applicability of legal structure to new technologies)
• Policies and Procedures - Advise on, develop and implement new policies, standard procedures, documentation and best practices in connection with the building of new businesses Basic Qualifications
• Lawyer with a minimum of seven years of law firm and/or in-house experience (would also consider candidates with a different experience profile)
• Candidate must demonstrate a strong grounding in corporate banking products, as well as securities and corporate law generally
• Experience in new digital technologies is a plus Preferred Qualifications • Previous in-house counsel experience covering a corporate banking business within a financial institution