Job ID: R-81385
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US 91360
Posted Date: 8/8/2019
This Senior Counsel will be responsible for counseling on a wide variety of corporate law matters, including but not limited to support of:
• The Company’s periodic filing and other securities law requirements;
• The Company’s corporate disclosures, press releases, and presentations;
• The Company’s debt and debt offerings;
• The Company’s Dividend and Stock Repurchase Programs;
• The Company’s foundations;
• The Company’s Board of Directors and/or Board Committee meeting support;
• Updating and monitoring procedures and processes of the Corporate Law Group; and
• Other research and corporate law projects as needed.
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an accredited law school, and admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction
Two (2) years of experience practicing corporate law
4+ years of experience practicing corporate law in a nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house corporate environment
Superior attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
Excellent analytic, legal drafting and written skills
Ability to work in cross-functional teams
Strong client service focus
Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines
Ability to manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
Superior academic achievement
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.