Primary Position Objective:
Under general supervision, assists pleading attorneys in the review of pleadings and motions.
1. Reads and reviews case files, marking them for typist to type replies in pleadings or motion cases.
2. Performs research work for inclusion in legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
3. Assists attorneys in preparing for appeals of litigation pending in the region.
4. Prepares answers for discovery and inspection.
Currently enrolled in a J.D. program or awaiting TX Bar results.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.