Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory & Compliance
Posted on: 10 Jul 2019 108 views
:Assistant General Counsel :United States Steel Corporation : https://www.ussteel.com :JD : 7
We are seeking a senior attorney to join the dynamic and collaborative in-house Legal Department based at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. In this high-profile, hands-on leadership role, you will report to the Deputy General Counsel, Regulatory & Compliance and will be responsible for leading a team of compliance attorneys and professionals that develop, implement, and maintain the company’s global ethics and compliance program. The program is designed to ensure compliance with the company’s core values --- known as the S.T.E.E.L. Principles --- and applicable laws and regulations.
• Advises and assists business partners in complying with applicable state and federal laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Serves as a subject matter expert in trade compliance, including export controls, economic sanctions, import/export regulations, and antiboycott rules.
• Assists in overseeing the anticorruption program, including due diligence reviews, monitoring, and risk assessments.
• Serves as a compliance subject matter expert on complex commercial transactions, including international purchases and sales of goods.
• Liaises with European subsidiary to ensure compliance with international laws and regulations and appropriate interpretation and adoption of corporate policies and procedures.
• Assists in preparing quarterly reports and presentations to the Board of Directors and material for executive leadership concerning the operations of the compliance program, including investigations.
• Develops compliance-related corporate policies and procedures, communications, training, and events.
• Mentors and trains junior ethics and compliance attorneys.
• Maintains a corporate culture with a high degree of emphasis on dignity, respect, and inclusion.
• Coordinates with in-house and outside counsel, consultants, and others as needed on specific compliance issues.
• Ensures that legal services provided are cost-effective, practical, and consistent with the company’s philosophies and Legal Department business goals.
• Ensures that the Legal Department implements leading practices and operates at the highest ethical and governance standards.
• Carries out other duties, as assigned.
To Get More Legal Jobs In United States...DOWNLOAD OUR APP
• Juris Doctor and admitted to the Bar in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, a reciprocal state, or with the ability to transfer into the Bar in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• At least seven years of concentrated experience that demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and applied understanding within the identified areas of expertise.
• Experience with antitrust, data privacy, lobbying, and campaign finance laws helpful, but not required.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, and outside counsel; the ability to act as an authoritative spokesperson and advocate on behalf of the company; and excellent persuasion skills.
• Both in-house and major law firm experience preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle a variety of different tasks and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to condense large volumes of data into sophisticated reports, charts, and other visual and illustrative aids preferred.
• Strong project management and follow-up skills.
• High energy, drive, and unquestioned integrity.
• Ability to travel as necessary.
• Demonstrated experience managing outside counsel, including establishing and managing project budgets preferred.
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Normal office environment for a mission driven, high impact team.
• Work hours regularly exceed 40 plus hours per week.
• Position requires a passionate, motivated, driven individual with a proven ability to get the job accomplished.
PathLegal has NO control on listed Items above as it's directly from customer. Incase of any discrepancy please write to [email protected]
PathLegal, United States lawyers directory listed lawyers and law firms and their supported services from United States. Here is the place where both clients and lawyers from United States & world wide can connect each other in a better way.