The Amazon Fashion legal team is looking for a smart, motivated Corporate Counsel to support Amazon’s growing fashion and apparel business. This role will provide primary legal support for new customer experiences.
You will be an integral part of the business team you support, giving input on business and strategy in addition to providing legal counsel on regulatory matters and commercial deals, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. You will help your business team launch new features and product categories for our customers.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar.
· 5+ years of legal experience, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions or consumer products.
· 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm is required.
· Ability to demonstrate great judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to build rapport with and earn trust of business partners
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Experience with regulatory compliance issues
· Experience with process control and improvement mechanisms, including standardization and simplification efforts
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.